Boost your career by gaining the skills and knowledge to address cyber security threats from a management perspective.
The Master of Science in cybersecurity management and policy at University of Maryland University College can help you gain the tools you need to join the management track in cyber security so that you can establish, implement, and oversee a cyber security policy structure for an organisation. Learn how to create a security approach that combines technology, governance, and compliance perspectives. Gain advanced knowledge in organisational structures, communication, operational business processes, and the legal framework for cyber security policy.
About the Cybersecurity Management and Policy Master's Degree
Coursework in the cybersecurity management and policy master's degree program features emerging topics in the field. Additionally, a board of industry leaders and employers advises our faculty to make sure our cybersecurity programs are covering emerging areas that are relevant to your career growth.
If you do not have a background in information technology, it is strongly recommended that you take our noncredit preparation courses in information technology and coding. These will give you a foundation that will help you succeed in the program.
What you will learn
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Understand multinational compliance requirements for cyber security
- Apply risk analysis concepts and models to a variety of organizations
- Incorporate cyber security into healthcare and financial services organizations
- Create and establish cyber security frameworks in both the public and private sectors
- Develop complete cyber security incident response plans